Saturday, July 24, 2010

Group C - juuust right.

So, this morning was our first group run/walk. I've discovered that this is a real bonding experience already - and it begins with shoes. We apparently all ran off to the Athlete's Foot yesterday to find proper footwear. When we arrived at the run site, there was a lot of comparing going on. "Do you pronate?" 48 hours ago I would have thought that was some sort of political strategy. Quote of the morning, courtesy of Danielle, "Holy pronation, Batman!"

After our clothing comparison, we divided into groups. Group A - those of us most fit, Group B - Where Shruthi and Vinaya ended up, Group C - woot woot! and Group D - the true beginners.

My group was like a good bowl of porridge - just right. We did a warm up walk, and then did 1-1 intervals for 1.25 miles and walked the last 3/4 mile. I was doing so well, I didn't even realize we were running for a minute at a time! I thought it was only 30 seconds! This was a MAJOR revelation at the end of the run.

It is fantastic to run with a good group of women who are at the same level as you are. You complain together and encourage each other. And then at the end your promise to call at 5:30 a.m. on a Monday to get each other out of bed.

How is it possible that I'm excited to do this all again at the crack of dawn at the beginning of the work week?

Sarah

PS, no snakes today. Lots of sweat though. LOTS. It's really gross.

PPS, new shoes made a BIG difference. My feet feel much better than they did on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment