Friday, December 24, 2010

Hooray for Christmas Eve!

I love Christmas! And with my best friend in town, and a few days out from the cat fiasco, I'm finally feeling in the Christmas spirit.

I got my AWESOME bloggy buddy present yesterday - it made my day!!! It was from Robin at Running Circles Around Turtles. I LOVE her blog. Here, let me show you what came in the mail...


First, Body Glide. Which, epic. It's mostly epic because I've been debating whether to get some or not, and I couldn't decide. But now, I get to try it and feel like it was recommended by someone who knows for reals! Awesome!





Next, yummy peppermint lip balm, which I used today on my run. Very moisturizing! And tasty!


And finally, my FAVORITE...




A new shoe wallet! There is NO way Robin could have known this, but I hated my current shoe wallet. It is from Nike, and I got it because that's what they had and I hated it. It is tiny and my key barely fits and it flops around and I am so freaked out that I'm going to lose my key.

But, NOW, I have this awesome, brand new, much bigger, much less floppier one! Thank you!

So, bloggy exchange was a blast. Thank you Jill for setting it all up.

My buddy was Cynthea over at http://funderson.blogspot.com/. I love having new friends all over the place! She gets to run in some seriously beautiful Colorado territory. I love seeing all of her snowy pictures! We're supposed to get a little flurry tomorrow, but nothing like the mounds of fluffy snow she gets!

Also, on the running front, Regan and I pounded out about five and a half today on a new trail. A little hilly, but nice. If you had told me I would be going for a 5+ mile run on Christmas Eve 6 months ago, I would have looked at you like you had a third eye. I'm proud of us!

And, PS, I love being a part of this community of runners. Thanks for the good vibes this week from all over. It was a tough week, but for the best.

Merry Christmas!

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Bodyglide is one of the best products out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I've been wondering (and worrying) about your gift delivery. So glad you got it, and that you like your gifts. That's awesome that you hadn't tried BG yet and wanted to, AND.... that you needed/wanted a new shoe wallet. I'm excited! :) :) I liked it so much I bought myself one, too. As for lip balm....ummm..at least 10 tubes around our house. LOL
    *hugs* from Orlando and congrats on your long run. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some very cool stuff - yay!!! I love it that runners know what runners need, as if they can read their minds!! :)

    Hope you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing when you have a run like that and think back to a few months ago, that you couldn't even wrap your head around the idea?!!!
    Glad you enjoyed your gifts. They look great!

    ReplyDelete