Sunday, June 26, 2011

Well the good news is, my thorns are all sweated off.



So, yesterday I participated in The Boring Runner's Sweat Your Thorns Off 5k. Regan and I froze our thorns off earlier this year, so I figured, let's give it another go!


We were in Wilmington, NC to help our friends move. The good thing about Wilmington is that there is a fabulous lake around which I really enjoy running. Also, Wilmington is very flat.


The bad thing is that Wilmington is also very hot. And humid.


But hey, it totally could have been worse.


The route around the lake was about 4.2 miles. I plugged in a new bluegrass album and off I went. I wasn't going for a 5k PR or anything, but I was hoping for a pretty decent time.

Which it wasn't. But that's OK. I was still pretty sore from my weight lifting on Friday, and it was hot. And let's face it, I wasn't exactly pusing it. It was pretty and I was just sort of enjoying myself. I finished in about 38:30. Yeah, slow.


I trotted through the last 1.1 and headed to Port City Java post-race smoothie. By the time I got to our friends' house and got showered, I had Dixie Grill french toast waiting for me. Excellent way to celebrate another virtual race!


Oh PS - I would also recommend NOT running 4.2 miles before helping your friends move on a very hot day... I was exhausted. Lots of activity points though... they even have categories for "Moving boxes, upstairs" and "Moving, household items" which very accurately describes 5 hours of my Saturday! (Needless to say, k38 mexican was consumed, and sangria was INHALED.)


Hope everyone else had a great race!


Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I don't know that K38 is, but I DO know that inhaling sangria sounds gooooood.

    Thanks for running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great run! I've never participated in a virtual run before but in reading Adam's post, it sounds like you all had a good time virtually running together - all diff. distances.
    NC has GOT to be so hot right now. More power to you.
    By the way - I noted your last name (married name?) "WILLCOX". ME TOO! I'm a Willcox with two "L's". We're special :)

    ReplyDelete