Monday, October 10, 2011

ARGH!!!!!

Balls.

So. I've had some shin pain. Very localized.  I just thought I was being a wimp, but it's been going on for kind of a while.  Like, 3 months while.

Yesterday it hurt a whole lot.  So today I went to the orthopedist.

And I have a F&#%ING STRESS FRACTURE.

I cried all the way home.  It felt like getting punched in the gut.  Here I am, 25 lbs lighter mostly because of running and weight training, both of which are completely off limits for 4-6 weeks.

My awesome husband pointed out that I can still bike and swim, which I needed to work on anyways for a possible run at a tri.

But it STILL SUCKS.

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. You are awesome and this one thing isn't gonna get you down. I won't let it! You can totally use this time to concentrate on biking and swimming. Want to change our Monday run dates to biking dates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am VERY sad with you -- been there. It totally sucks. You're right. But Regan's right, too -- one leg didn't get you where you are, and one leg won't defeat you. You are mightier than that leg!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aarrrrrrggghhhhhh!!! No way!!!! That sucks!!! Ok so it's good you have other sports... What about some yoga too?? Moving Mantra has a great Tuesday evening vinyasa... Wanna go??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, so very, very sorry! I was on the DL for over a year so I know how painful it is to sit out from running. The good thing with a SF is that there is an end point when it heals and you'll get to run again. And the other things you get to do will make you that much stronger when you return.

    ReplyDelete