Thursday, September 9, 2010

Martha Stewart sent us free stuff!

So, last week, our fearless leader, Debbie, announced that Martha Stewart would be sending us some stuff. Well, that day arrived today! She sent tech shirts (cool ones! No obonxious Martha logos!) aprons, spoons, and towels. Very cool. Free stuff is always totally awesome. We took some pictures to send to Martha. I guess this means I'll have to watch her new show on the Hallmark channel to see our pictures.

After pictures, we ran. Today was not my best day. I was waaay behind the rest of my group. I'm not sure if it was because I was wicked thirsty or maybe my shins were still a bit sore from Tuesday's run, but I was struggling. I am so thankful for Lori, one of our volunteers who stuck with me. She talked the whole time, and it made the miles go by much faster. I can't wait until next year when I can be that kind of a motivator for someone else. I know, without question, that I would have had to walk during some of the intervals without her. Thanks!!!

The Thursday runners from NCRC were there - they were cheering us on the whole time! Maybe I can join their group next year. We'll see!

We hung out at the Ale House after the run. After a tough 3 miles, it was a welcome distraction. Thanks, too, to NCRC for sponsoring yummy appetizers.

Finally, and this has nothing to do with running, but I had to hand address abut 100 envelopes and stuff/stamp about 300 more (for work) when I got home... I was dreading it. Thank goodness for Ultra-Supportive Husband who stuffed and stamped every one while I finished the addresses. I am one seriously lucky lady.

Off to bed. I think my bedtime snack will be a bottle of ibuprofen...

No comments:

Post a Comment