Monday, September 13, 2010

Shin splints. I'm annoyed just typing that.

So. Shin splints. Yeah. Apparently this happens to new runners. Especially idiot new runners who work out really hard one day and then decide, in a fit if enthusiasm, to run, balls to the wall, down a hill.

Idiot.

So now I'm hurting, badly. And more annoyed than anything. I missed my run today, and will miss tomorrow. I'm laying on the couch with ice and just praying that this clears up in a few days.

Everyone talks about these "shin splints," which is basically a general term for pain in the lower legs. Sometimes it's on the outside of the shins, sometimes on the inside. Mine is on the inside near my ankle.

So. My first taste of running pain. With less than 2 weeks before the race, it is most discouraging.

1 comment:

  1. I have been well acquainted with shin splints through the years, they are a bear. But you are fierce, keep it up! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete