Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy 28th birthday to me!

I turned 28 yesterday. And it was awesome.

First, the hubby got me a snazzy new Kindle, and the inlaws sent an Amazon gift certificate. I downloaded The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo and promptly devoured it. (great character development, intense, and well written. Warning: some parts are a little dark) I love getting through a book in only a day or two. I'll be through the next 2 in the series ASAP.

Second, we spent the weekend with dear friends Brendan and Lauren (and some other awesome ILM people) and hit up beer fest (we behaved quite well, thank you) and had a cookout at their place.

Third, we started Sunday - day of actual birthday - at Jesters (peach turnovers and quiche... YUM). Then we came home and had Gravy for dinner. Then off to Vampire Weekend, which was a stellar show.

So, all that said, I did a lot of laying around, drinking beer, and eating this weekend. Not exactly condusive to running faster and further.

I did manage to pound a couple of miles this afternoon out at Shelley Lake. It is a gorgeous day. I had completely talked myself out of running, but then, sort of out of habbit, I went up, got dressed, and laced up my trusty sneakers. It felt great!

That said, there are a couple of things that are bothering me about running.
1. I am frustratingly slow. I know, I know, it doesn't matter, but it kind of does.
2. I am not really losing any weight. Ok, my shape has changed - I am definitely thinner around the miBoldddle, and I have definition in my legs I never thought possible. But I'm still the same size and the same weight. So, boo to that. I'm realizing that I have to focus more on what I'm eating.

That's going to have to wait until after the State Fair tonight though. Haha.

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you had a delightful birthday weekend! Speaking of reading quickly with the Kindle, I started downloading free classics because I was devouring books so fast. I was causing myself a cash-flow problem ;-)

    As far as speed goes, it doesn't matter! I am beyond slow too, but it feels so good! That 30 minutes to 1 hour plus running is such a release! I am busier than hell at work this week, but I am going to get 4 miles in tomorrow and 4 miles in on Thursday if it kills me - simply because I love it. Also, you gotta get kudos for the change in shape! I finally got my trainer to do measurements today - I have lost 5 inches in my hips and 2 in my waist since I started running, 1 pound but ALL inches. Feels great!

    Have a wonderful day tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete