Thanks to cousin Brandy for tagging me on this one.
- Post these rules
- You must post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the questions set for you in the post you were tagged in
- Create 11 new questions for your tagees to answer
- Tag them on Twitter, Facebook or your blog
- I used to work at the front desk for an oral surgeon. Sometimes, I even had to assist in wisdom teeth surgery. I HATED that job.
- I don't think Monty Python is funny. Or Ace Ventura. Or Austin Powers. This disturbs my husband.
- I'm allergic to cats. But I have 2 of them.
- I. Hate. Cantelope.
- I've visited more foreign countries than I have states in the US. (unless you include airports.)
- I learned to water ski when I was 6. I'm pretty good at it now. It's a rite of passage in the Mann family. The skis had snoopy on them. We were tied to the skiis, the skiis were tied together, and the skiis were tied to the boat. You learned to ski, or you drowned.
- Seeing dolphins in the wild never gets old to me, even though I've seen hundreds at the River.
- I teach the violin part-time (I've been playing since I was three!) and my favorite kids are the ones everyone else gives up on... teenagers.
- When I'm in my car by myself, I pretend I'm being interviewed by Terry Gross.
- Or on the broadway stage.
- I'm pretty sure Kelly Clarkson and I would be BFFs.
- Where do you buy most of your clothes? Ann Taylor Loft and Banana Republic Outlet. Not regular banana, it doesn't fit right - only the outlet.
- What is your favorite drink recipe? Grown-up drink? I'd say the grown up lemonade we're so fond of... It has coconut rum, regular rum, peach schnapps, mango rum, and countrytime lemonade mix. YUM.
- Describe your most memorable high school experience. Probably playing "Landslide" at senior prom. I wasn't that cool, but on stage with a guitar, mic, and a kickass cello player - well, at least a couple of people knew who I was after that.
- Is there a song that you always have to sing aloud every time? Like, every broadway song, ever. Also, Party in the USA.
- Do you prefer beach or mountains and why? Mountains - less chance I'll get dangerously sunburned.
- Do you still hang out with any of your childhood friends? Yup! Shruthi has been my dear friend since we were 10.
- Coco Pebbles or Coco Krispies? Neither. Regular Krispies (with a scoop of sugar) please!
- If you could meet one blogger (besides me of course), who would it be? I think Gina at Skinnytaste.com. I wish I could learn how to tweak recipes to make them healthier.
- If you were deserted on an island and could only have 3 beauty items, what would they be (not basic hygiene)? Charleston Soap Chef body butter, Kiels face cream, and as much sunscreen as I could carry.
- What is your favorite fancy coffee choice? Calories notwithstanding? Mint Condition from Caribou Coffee.
- When did you get your first cell phone? Junior in college - so 2002.
- What's your favorite TV show?
- If you could pick any career - regardless of skill, education, etc. - what would it be?
- What's your favorite breed of dog?
- Which app can you not live without?
- Think back to the 9th grade (or thereabouts) - what was your favorite song?
- What was your first car?
- Marry, F*&%, Kill - Ross, Chandler, Joey?
- Why do you blog?
- Any toys, blankets, trinkets, you still have out from your childhood?
- What's your favorite chain restaurant?
- Family Guy, the Simpsons, or South Park?
So. Now. To tag.
Regan at Regan's Ruminations
Lyn at Escape from Obesity
Alissa (A Journey to Thin) at A Journey to Thin
Ros at life's a wheeze
Jodi at BulmerFamily
Alisha at Alisha Waits because she needs to resurrect her blog.
That's not 11, but I don't know that many people. :-) Go right on and tag yourself if you're reading this - just make sure to send me the link so I can see your answers!