I think it's time to check in with those strategic goals I put forth earlier in the year. 2 months in, how are things going?
- I've been rocking the farmers market/ fewer processed foods thing. Not losing weight, but whatevs. I haven't been able to just do the farmers market every single week, but I have been pretty good about avoiding anything in a box or bag.
- I was supposed to cook one new food - well, this isn't a new food, but it's a new way to cook it - Roasted broccoli. I hate broccoli. Excuse me, hated. Before this Alton Brown recipe. Try it!
- Run 1 race/month. - Oops. Missed February. Weekends were just too busy!
- Run a 33 minute 5k. - check! I did that at the Shrimp and Grits 5k!
- PR a half-marathon. Training is going really well - 9 miler this week, 10 next. We're totally ready.
- Do 20 "real" pushups. I haven't even attempted this with all of the half training.
- Try 3 new classes at the gym. 2 down! I tried yoga (mildly successful) and today I went to Zumba, which was a LOT of fun!
- Ride bikes/walk with my husband more! Tax season. This will wait until after April 17.
- Visit my grandmother once/month. Pretty good. Still need to get february in, but I'm trying to go today or tomorrow.
- Save $2000 to my Roth IRA. I'm glad I revisited this, because I forgot about this one.
- Reduce "screen time." meh. This one is proving to be harder than I thought. I don't do well with a quiet house!
- Learn to cable knit. Forgot about this one, too!
- Learn bluegrass fiddle! Getting there!
Overall, I'm doing well. Still aware of most of the things and keeping on track. I'm ready for the half-marathon to be over so I can stop stressing about it! My stress fracture has been twinging a smidge, but I'm gonna run through it since it really just feels like a bruise.
What races do you have coming up during this marathon season? Anything new and exciting?