Saturday, February 25, 2012

Updates - how're those goals comin along?

Phew!  Work has been nutty!  Sorry I've been MIA.

I think it's time to check in with those strategic goals I put forth earlier in the year.  2 months in, how are things going?

Eating goals:

  • I've been rocking the farmers market/ fewer processed foods thing.  Not losing weight, but whatevs.  I haven't been able to just do the farmers market every single week, but I have been pretty good about avoiding anything in a box or bag.
  • I was supposed to cook one new food - well, this isn't a new food, but it's a new way to cook it - Roasted broccoli.  I hate broccoli.  Excuse me, hated.  Before this Alton Brown recipe.  Try it!
Fitness goals:
  • Run 1 race/month. - Oops.  Missed February.  Weekends were just too busy!
  • Run a 33 minute 5k.  - check!  I did that at the Shrimp and Grits 5k!
  • PR a half-marathon.  Training is going really well - 9 miler this week, 10 next.  We're totally ready.
  • Do 20 "real" pushups.  I haven't even attempted this with all of the half training.
  • Try 3 new classes at the gym. 2 down!  I tried yoga (mildly successful) and today I went to Zumba, which was a LOT of fun!
  • Ride bikes/walk with my husband more! Tax season.  This will wait until after April 17.
 Family/personal goals:
  • Visit my grandmother once/month.  Pretty good.  Still need to get february in, but I'm trying to go today or tomorrow.
  • Save $2000 to my Roth IRA.  I'm glad I revisited this, because I forgot about this one. 
  • Reduce "screen time." meh.  This one is proving to be harder than I thought.  I don't do well with a quiet house!
  • Learn to cable knit.  Forgot about this one, too!
  • Learn bluegrass fiddle! Getting there!

Overall, I'm doing well.  Still aware of most of the things and keeping on track.  I'm ready for the half-marathon to be over so I can stop stressing about it!  My stress fracture has been twinging a smidge, but I'm gonna run through it since it really  just feels like a bruise. 

What races do you have coming up during this marathon season?  Anything new and exciting?

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. So glad to have found your blog! I'm local (Durham) and have similar running/life goals! Looking forward to more reading!

    Rose
    roserunsslow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete