Thursday, November 18, 2010

Damn hills!

I've been lazy for a few days. I took Sunday-Wednesday off. I don't know - things got busy, it's dark early - anyways, it didn't happen.

I'd planned to run with Regan this evening (boooo to injuries! Feel better soon!!!) but ended up doing about 3 around the house. So, where I live, there are hills everywhere. I can't go more than a 1/2 a mile without tackling a gnarly hill.

When you're used to running on the greenway, you get totally hill phobic. The trails are pretty flat, and even tiny, 6 step hills make me uncomfortable. I dread them. Even when, seriously, it's barely a speed bump.

So today was a little intimidating, but I refused to go less than 3 miles. If anyone needs a good place to do hill training, go to Oak Park neighborhood. My rear end got a nice work out.

So next week, I've got another race. And because it's in downtown Charleston, it will be flat. So I'm hoping to really challenge myself on the speed. I know I can run a 12 minute mile, but I'd be really happy with just an under forty total. So that's the goal. I won't be crushed if that doesn't happen, but that's the goal.

Oh, PS... Katy Perry and Girl Talk = great running music. And "Almost There" from The Princess and the Frog helps get you up hills. Yup. I'm a dork. But if you're reading this, you're probably well aware by now.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment