Friday, July 22, 2011

On a smoothie kick!

But they're not green. Though they do occasionally contain spinach.

I've been reading (at Regan's suggestion) The New Rules of Weightlifting for Women. I like it so far. One of their suggestions is to get some extra protein post-workout. So, I've been giving it a try.

We got a rockin blender when we got married and its purpose thus far has been, well, adult beverages. And not the healthy kind.

Smoothies are officially the best thing on a hot day (heat index of 112 today).

Today's recipe:
Hand full of frozen: Blueberries, Strawberries and chopped mangoes.
Hand full of spinach
Scoop of protein powder
Scoop of ground flax seed
1/2 cup light n fit yogurt
1/2 cup greek yogurt
Little milk to make it mix up better.

And, YOWZA, that's a snack to make it through the heat.

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I do this too post run.

    I discovered a side benefit to doing smoothies: When you have fruit about to go bad (bananas, plums, peaches, ????) pop it into a ziploc and freeze it (peel the banana)!

    No more wasted fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing the same thing! Sooo good and you can't taste the spinach!

    ReplyDelete