Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Why yesterday was awesome.

Yesterday was awesome because Regan and I ran 3.1 miles in 37 minutes.

Why does that make us awesome, you ask?

Because it was a PR by 3 minutes. That's right, 3 minutes.

We've been so focused on adding miles that we haven't been too worried about our pace. Well, lo and behold, as soon as we backed down for a quick 3 miler, it was just easier to go significantly faster!

All of a sudden, a 1o minute mile isn't too crazy. An under 30 5k isn't crazy!!

Don't get me wrong, I'll always be a penguin, but hooray for us!

Other updates:
1. I've lost 4.6 pounds on the WW. Even over the holidays! A few friends have joined up with us. It's good times.
2. On John Bingham's challenge (move 30 minutes every day) I'm doing well. Thanks to the wii fit I can even get in a few minutes when I really, really don't want to. Ultra-Supportive Husband is, as always, ultra-supportive. He got me moving tonight when I really, really didn't want to.
3. I'm joining the Fleet Feet Racing Team tomorrow. Because I can.
4. We went to look at a dog to adopt. He was SOOO sweet. But too big. And hyper. And he licked my face and I immediately broke out into hives. Guess we'll have to get another kitten. DARN.

Sarah

PS I LOVE the google TV Kevin Bacon commercial. It is on now. It makes me giggle hard. Yes, it is overplayed. I'm OK with that.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your accomplishments...losing weight during the holidays is impressive as is your new PR! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! So excited that we had a PR on Monday. Even more excited that you are joining the racing team!

    ReplyDelete