Friday, March 11, 2011

YUMMO!

No, I haven't been watching too much Rachael Ray. But I did get our first share from the CSA I learned about at the race last weekend. We're doing week to week right now, since our schedule gets wonky, but I'm pretty impressed for a $25 investment! I love that everything is in season (the strawberries were grown in a "solar tunnel" - whatever that is) and I love that it comes from 45 minutes away. Aaand, we're supporting a local, 3 generation family farm.

Boo ya. I'm like, citizen of the year. Saving the planet, and the farm industry all with one box of yumminess.

We got:
Butternut Squash
Sweet potatoes
Beets (NO clue what to do with them)
Turnip greens
some turnipy thing (again, no clue)
Strawberries
Giant thing of cabbage (ideas?)
Kale
Pecans (BONUS!)
Spring onions


I am SO excited to try some new foods and new recipies. (again - please, please help me figure out what to do with this stuff.)
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I'm SOOO jealous you have CSA already! I love beets. Amy Lawson has a great CSA blog w/ splendid ideas for all those veggies..Also very funny!
    http://lawsonseatlocal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I'm thinking about doing something similar this year.

    ReplyDelete