Saturday, August 7, 2010

Did it! Much awesome.

Woo hoo! We made it 2 miles at a 3-1 interval. That makes us AWESOME. I dreaded it all week. I credit our fearless volunteer leader, Megan, who set us at a great pace. You can do just about anything if you go slow enough. haha.

I haven't really talked about our volunteers. There are usually 5-6 per group and they spread out throughout. They are the most encouraging group of people you've ever met. Evelyn started cheers. Georgia gave me some stretching tips. Megan encouraged us to talk so that we would get distracted and not think about our intervals. Some volunteers stay behind with the folks that are struggling and keep them moving ahead. No one ever has to run alone.

So here's a shout out to the ladies that keep us going.

In other news, I got a wicked-awesome new haircut. Short. Will make ponytails challenging, but I have some very cute headbands that should do the trick.

Oh, and here's an article I like a lot. Many of these are no-brainers, but others are some things you may never have thought about before. http://completerunning.com/archives/2006/09/12/100-beginner-running-tips/

New feature: Running song of the week... Drunken Lullabies by Flogging Molly.

Happy weekend!

Sarah

1 comment: