Saturday, August 28, 2010

Watching "Funny People" - Less "funny" than you'd think.

I'm blogging for 2 reasons. 1. We're watching Funny People and I'm about to start crying, so I needed a distraction. This movie should have been called "Miserable People."

AhhH! Paul from Mad About You just came on and he looks OOOOLLLD.

But, I digress.

The second reason I'm blogging is because I. Am. The. Man. I felt so good after running 3 miles with my girls this morning, that I came home and demanded that Preston join me for a bike ride. We rode for 8 miles! I feel like I should jump in the pool for a while to complete my own fun version of a triathalon.

We're up to 4-1 intervals and a 5k is officially feeling like a very do-able goal. In fact, we're already planning the next runs - a Halloween run (theme: Super Heroes) and Preston and I are going to do the Turkey Trot in Charleston for Thanksgiving. That's the plan... basically, keep signing up for (and paying for!) runs in various locations for various causes to stay motivated.

I am getting a smidge nervous about the group runs ending (ok, still got 4 weeks, but I'm a planner) but I think there are several of us that can get together and continue at least a couple of times a week.

The cooler weather is much appreciated - I'm not sure if I feel so much better after running now because it's nicer outside, or because I'm really that much better in shape, but either way - good times.

In honor of the Vampire Weekend show I bought tickets to last night, today's official running song is Horchata by, well, Vampire Weekend.

Oh hey, now Adam Sandler isn't dying. Did I ruin it for you? Ok I hope not, but really, don't waste your money.

Nap time.
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way you do about the group runs ending. We'll get a group of Cs together to run at least 3 times a week. I am on the same wagon as you - signing up for as many races as I can to keep the habit up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally in on group C runs - running with you ladies is good for the soul and my rear end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo ooooo me me! I wanna go to Vampire weekend too but we already have the muse show that week and don't want to be sittered out. Giving up the gun is one of my gave running songs. I ran to California English this morning and found it to be a good pace :). Horchata is my ringtone.

    ReplyDelete