2010 is going to go down in history as a pretty awesome year.
First, and most importantly, I married my best friend in 2010. The wedding was perfect. We are blissfully happy. So that definitely wins "best of" 2010.
Some other notable things:
- Obviously, running. Half-way through 2010 I started running, and I never stopped. Ran 4 races that I never would have even considered doing until this year.
- Spent a weekend in Toogoodoo with my most favorite girls for my bachelorette party. *sigh* such a great place.
- Honeymoon in Savannah - obv. perfect.
- Conquered a lot of my emotional eating issues thanks to a good therapist and ultra-supportive husband. She has moved to Florida, but I'm all good. There's a half-empty box of joe joes that has been there for 2 weeks untouched. So much awesome.
- Tried to sell the house and buy a new one - total and utter failure, but we learned a lot. And then bought a couch. (upon which I lounge right now)
- Found out O'Malley was sick in March, and had to put her to sleep Dec. 20. The good news is that we got a lot of snuggle time in between.
- Met some fabulous new friends and reconnected with some old ones due to running.
- Succeeded at work - doing quite well in the fundraising world, and really starting to enjoy it.
- Did I mentioned I get to spend my whole life with my best friend?
Overall, it was a fabulous year. And, until the cat fiasco, nearly perfect.
So in 2011, I want to set some goals. Not resolutions, not pledges, just something to shoot for.
- I want to "move" every day. Preferably, 30 minutes. I'll still be doing my running, so that leaves 3-4 days where I need to walk, or bike, or do yoga, or do Wii fit, or something.
- Run a half-marathon. Yup. I'm convinced. I'm shooting for one on May 14th.
- Run a race every month.
- Stay on the WW.
- Compete in a sprint triathalon.
- Travel! To Utah to see my family (I will run at altitude!) and to New York because Preston has never been.
- Shoot for a sub-30 5k. This is a lofty goal, but I think it's possible.
- Volunteer for the Women's Beginner Running Club that meant so much to me.
That's all I can think of. 2010 is going to be hard to top. Happy New Year! Hope everyone has a safe and fun evening!