Wednesday, December 1, 2010

If you go down, you've got to come back up...

Or, "How I earned my Candy Cane Joe Joes."


My usual Oak Park route is about 2 miles. The first and last half miles are mostly flat, but the middle part, is a steep hill course. Up and down about 4 hills.

I started out today running that route. I don't know if it was the Katy Perry or the guilt from eating waaay too many Joe Joes last night, but I decided to keep running down one of those hills instead of cutting across. I ran all the way down to the greenway.

I was worried about going back up, but I am never going to get better at hills if I don't practice them! So, up I went. And I didn't even cheat on the running or walk any extra! It's a long hill. About half a mile, straight up. Great place to train for the Cooper River Bridge run in April!

I finished in about 36 minutes - about a 13.5 minute average. Not too much slower than my normal pace! I am starting to see major improvement in my stamina, cardio, and pace.

Hooray!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Repeat after me: Hills are my best friend!! :)
    Awesomoe for seeing vast improvements - that's what it's all about, girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete