Monday, January 30, 2012

Friend Makin' Monday - Makeup Favorites

Friend Makin' Monday - Makeup Favorites


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers.  The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Friend Makin’ Mondays:  Makeup Favorites
1.  Do you wear makeup everyday?  Nope. 
2.  Does your routine change if you’re going out with friends/on a date/to a party?  Yes - I actually wear it! 
3.  Are you loyal to one brand, or do you use different brands for different things?  I love Aveda.  I have sensitive skin and it does pretty well.
4.  Do you wear primer/concealer? If so, what’s your favorite kind?  Nope.  Too much work.
5.  What’s your favorite brand of foundation?  Aveda
6.  Do you use blush and/or bronzer?   Sometimes, but my face is pretty red, so I don't need it usually.  My foundation is light, so it's not enough to cover it up.
7.  Do you wear eye shadow/eye liner?  Yes - brown/black covergirl liner.  Just a tiny line.  When I wear eye shadow, it's just sparkly neutrals. 
8.  What’s your favorite kind of mascara? Cover Girl Lash Blast
10.  Lipstick? Lip gloss? Both? Favorite?  Burt's bees lip balm.  I rarely wear anything with color.
11.  Do you wear nail polish regularly?  If so, share a few of your favorite brands/colors.   YES YES.  I LOVE Esse and Zoya.  I've been very into their seasonal colors. I blame pinterest and birchbox.  Right now I'm rocking a grey/purple shade that I'm in love with.
12.  How do you remove your makeup at the end of the day?  Part of the reason I stopped wearing it is that I suck at washing my face.  I used to use cleansing towelettes (sometimes) - now I try to remember to wash with my fav. Purpose cleanser.
13.  Do you feel prettier when you’re wearing makeup?Not really.  My husband is pretty good at reiterating the whole "you're prettier without it" mantra.  And I'm starting to believe it!  Plus, my skin looks WAY healthier.
14.  Do you have any beauty tips that you could pass along? A minimalist approach - only makeup for special occasions, meetings, etc. - has helped my skin to look a lot better.  I also credit my better diet with my much better skin. Also, drink water!  Best beauty tip ever!
Now it’s your turn to answer the questions!    And also be sure to come back and leave a link to your FMM post in the comments!  Happy Monday friends!
 Sarah

2 comments:

  1. you are a cutie patootie with no makeup for sure. When you are old, haggard and beat down like me - we'll talk about routine then. HA! And it CRACKS ME UP at how many of you all don't wash your face before bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I'm TERRIBLE at washing my face before bed. I don't do it 99.99% of the time :(

    Never heard of Zoya polish. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete